9.6.14

Feeling Sexy in MAC Kinda Sexy

Hiiiii theeeere! Feels great to be posting here, it's been a while, no? And it's been a VERY long while since my laptop got damaged, so when I went back to Manila, I couldn't post anything. I only had my smartphone with me and my Blogger app for android didn't really do -any- help with my posts. Haha anyway! I'm here at my home province again, probably for quite a looong time, or for good. I may be opening my own café soon (details on its way!!!) ehehe. Also, a lot has come up lately - really, really big news. Like, life-changing. Haha. Soooo my personal life kwentos later and beauty updates now. (:

Ladies, I have never owned a MAC lipstick before. I've owned a couple of MAC products here and there. But with lipsticks, I used to believe that theirs were too commercial. I think runway when I see their shades. I think crazy, loud colors. I've been to MAC counters and I've never been attracted to any of their shades. Also, I had this notion (influenced by the online community)  that their formulation wasn't great  for everyday use  (read: drying, hence unhealthy). And that was a deal breaker for me because I already have particularly dry lips to start with.

But anyway, fast forward to 2014. When I have already been lurking in Girltalk enough to realize that maybe, I have underestimated this brand's lipstick archive after all. Later I saw Solenn Heusaff's lipcolor on A & A Tonight and immediately fell in love with it. It was nude-ish, but could still look great even without the heavy eyes. It's sweet and innocent, yet sexy and sophisticated. I knew I had to have that color, though I never learned what its name or brand was.

Then I saw a swatch of Kinda Sexy online, and knew I have found the one. It wasn't available on our local counters though, so I had to preorder it. When the package came, I literally squealed in excitement. Amaaazeballs! It was exactly how I wanted it to be. The color on me was more than just nude... A nude that's full of color (oxymoron, yeah?). Pinky, peachy beige that made my lips look, errr, sexy? Hahaha. No kidding, I feel sexy when I wear this on. LOL.





A match made in heaven.

It's a matte formulation, but the great news is, it's non-drying. (yayay!) Provided you have to exfoliate and moisturize your lips prior to application. I have not worn this long enough to say it's that much long lasting, but I did have the chance of testing its mealproofness (LOL.) After some heavy afternoon snack at Hap Chan, there was only a little need for touchup.

My first MAC lipstick experience was overall so enjoyable that I can't wait for my next MAC lipstick purchase. I won't name my prospects yet but I'll introduce them once they're here. Heehee. <3

2 comments:

  1. wow! you're own cafe? i'm psyched! so happy for you sis :) love the lip color btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! thanks sis! I'm quite restless, I'm super excited. Hehe. (:

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts below. (: