22.3.15

Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color in Calypso

Hey guys! Here's another lipstick review. It's the Creamy Matte Lip Color in shade Calypso. Read reviews of Lip Color here and Rich Lip Color here.

Bobbi Brown describes Calypso as a pink coral.



Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color in Calypso - Outdoors, natural lighting

Indoor, natural lighting



Indeed, it is a hot pink with coral undertones.

I find its texture to be quite unforgiving on my lips, even with lip balm underneath. Ironic, because it's supposed to be a creamy matte. But it's not creamy at all. It is lightweight, but it tugs on my lips during application. It does, however, leave a pretty hot pink stain on my lips once it wears off -- while also leaving them dry.

I'd say the only thing I really like about this lipstick is the color. I'm a sucker for pretty watermelon pinks especially during summer. Even though they don't suit me. (I think.)


Pardon the ngarag face

Review Roundup: Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color in Calypso

Pros:
Long wearing
Lovely color!

Cons:
Drying

Overall:
3/5

Would I repurchase? No
Would I recommend? Maybe not

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the few in the line I haven't tried yet. I'm lucky my lips can tolerate super matte lipsticks.

    Anyway, they have a new shade actually named "Watermelon"

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts below. (: